Friday, April 11, 2008

Midpoint Reflection Questions

How has the internship been the same as and/or different than your expectations?
It's been the same as I expected, because I knew that it would be hard work and it is. I didn't think it was easy and it was not.

What is similar and different about the culture of the school environment versus the workplace environment? What new skills have you learned that apply to the workplace?
My work place is very different from the school environment. The word uses there are also different from the ones used in school. At work words related to work are said, at school words that related to school are said so it's different. I learn to communicate differently and I have learned new words that I know I will see and have to learn in the future. Now I know them and I don't have to learn them anymore.



What kind of relationship do you have with your mentor and co-workers? How have you grown as a result of interacting with professional adults?
I think that we have become great friends. We talk about family, the way we want our future to be, how we feel about thing and we even talk about politic. She tells me great places to visit and what I will find nice there. I can really get use to Ms. Evelyn, she's very fun. I like Her.

What challenges at the internship have you faced that you have overcome and how did you overcome them?
I think the biggest challenge that I face in internship is learning what to do and getting use to the type of works my co-worker wants me to do. I learn what she needing of me fast and toke notes so I don't forget, and now I know what to do even if she's absent.

What challenges have you faced in school as a result of the altered schedule and how are you handling them?
I became very tired most time because I have to do my homework at night very late, and still most time my homework is not complete so they are late. I handle it by doing my homework in the train going and coming back from internship. (Giselle gave me the idea)

What goals are you working to accomplish during the remainder of the internship?
I want to accomplish as much work possible for Ms. Evelyn so she doesn't go crazy after I leave.

What new things have you learned about New York City?
I learn that it's a very beautiful city. My friends and me were walking around because it was to early for us to start; we came across a little market in Union Square Park that reminded me of the markets in my country. Except, this one was clean. But it was still beautiful and I like it.

No comments: